Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Voice UK 4: Top 12

Wait up, what happened? I was following this season during the Blind Auditions and found a couple of fantastic singers and now that I'm back, we're left with this? Yes, there are still a handful of great competitors, but Vikesh? Lucy? Lara? Karis? Ok, I will stop. Maybe the coaches wanted to have a lackluster season?

I was hoping to see outstanding performances - given how great some of last season's contestants did in DAM NATIONS Reality Singing Show Olympics - but I'm a little underwhelmed. Let's see if there's more to them by next week.

On with the show!

12. Vikesh Champaneri
Get The Party Started
[TEAM WILL.I.AM]
I just can't take this guy seriously. Sorry. 4

11. Lucy O'Byrne
When You Wish Upon A Star
[TEAM WILL.I.AM]
Just not my cup of tea. 4.5

10. Lara Lee
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
[TEAM TOM]
Other than that quick breakdown in the middle, this was pretty pedestrian. 6

09. Emmanuel Nwamadi
Another Day In Paradise
[TEAM RICKY]
Good, but forgettable. 6.5

08. Karis Thomas
Riptide
[TEAM RITA]
Not a fan of Karis, but she made it work.. somehow. 6.5

07. Clark Carmody
No Diggity / Ain't No Sunshine
[TEAM RITA]
Clever arrangement. Steady vocals. Moody. 7

06. Howard Rose
Read My Mind
[TEAM TOM]
This was good and the little quirks in his voice was a perfect fit for the song. 7

05. Autumn Sharif
Hold Back The River
[TEAM RICKY]
Tentative beginning, but the second half was outstanding. 7.5

04. Stevie McCrorie
All Through The Night
[TEAM RICKY]
His vocals just soared high enough to be memorable. 7.5

03. Sheena McHugh
Glow / Princess of China
[TEAM WILL.I.AM]
Quite not sure about the mash-up of the songs and it looked like she was trying hard to impress, but the end product was gorgeous. 7.5

02. Sasha Simone
Sail
[TEAM TOM]
Solid vocals. Fantastic staging. Solid vocals. Umm, did I say that already? Ha. 8

01. Joe Woolford
Don't Wake Me Up
[TEAM RITA]
I had reservations, but he pulled this one off quite impressively. His vocals were on point, there's power and texture to his voice that's wonderful and he has a terrific recording voice. 8


ELIMINATED
Autumn Shariff (Team Ricky)
Tara Lee (Team Tom)
Howard Rose (Team Tom)
Clark Carmody (Team Rita)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...