Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Voice UK 4: Top 8

Not sure if I like this format of The Voice UK. I mean, we've spent so much time with the Blinds, Battle, and Knockouts, and we get just three (3) live shows in total and with this week, we lost half of the contestants. I don't know. Maybe it's working for them at that side of the world, but it's a bit too fast for my taste. Then again, what do I know right?

Next week is the Finale, but before that.. on with the show!

08. Vikesh Champaneri
Don't Leave Me This Way
[TEAM WILL.I.AM]
No matter how good he sounded vocally, I just couldn't take him seriously. He looked lost performing as if he was asked from the audience to perform on stage. 3


07. Emmanuel Nwamadi
A Whiter Shade of Pale
[TEAM RICKY]
Boring. 4

06. Lucy O'Byrne
O Mio Babbino Caro
[TEAM WILL.I.AM]
Vocally, this was much better than her performance last week, but that didn't change the fact that her genre isn't my cup of tea. 5

05. Karis Thomas
Say Something
[TEAM RITA]
I had reservations with the song choice as I felt that there's nothing else she could do to make her performance sound less karaoke, but the quality and how she added texture to her voice was a pleasant surprise. 7

04. Joe Woolford
Jealous
[TEAM RITA]
Was I really expecting for the Nick Jonas song? Haha. As usual, his pitch was uneven at the beginning, but as soon as the chorus hit, his vocals soared. 7

03. Stevie McCrorie
Bleeding Love
[TEAM RICKY]
This was a step to the right direction. The song choice and its arrangement was, by far, his most interesting - although hardly fresh - his phrasing was awesome, and his vocals were, once again, top notch. I didn't understand the deal with those bagpipes, but I digress. Haha. 7.5

02. Sasha Simone
Say You Love Me
[TEAM TOM]
Very nice. She connected well with the material, her voice sounded divine on the song, her choices with the melody were spot on, and she was glowing - literally? - during her performance. 8

01. Sheena McHugh
Miracle
[TEAM WILL.I.AM]
Simple: Sheena looked and sounded like she was debuting a song written for her. This was awesome! Her stage presence was impressive, her vocals were on point, and she just looked like a legitimate star. 8


ELIMINATED
Vikesh Champaneri (Team Will.I.Am)
Sheena McHugh (Team Will.I.Am)
Joe Woolford (Team Rita)
Karis Thomas (Team Rita)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...