Sunday, January 24, 2016

Movie Review: Our Brand Is Crisis

Quite frankly, there's nothing much to say about Our Brand Is Crisis other than the fact that I was consistently frustrated while watching a film with a caliber cast fall short of my expectations. No, it wasn't terrible, but it was hardly memorable. I thought the film lacked focus - some scenes could've been edited out and will not matter one bit - I found the story incredibly predictable, and the sudden change of tone towards the end was a bit jarring. It wasn't even brave enough to bite into the political satire I was hoping it would be. Good thing, the performances were as solid as one would expect. Sandra Bullock was effortless as she brought enough charm and dimension to her character and narrative as a whole. Billy Bob Thornton, on the other hand, was a fine actor, but didn't have much material to work on. Our Brand Is Crisis wasn't bad - given the good production and acting ensemble - but the story just gave me nothing to care about. Sadly. 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...