Sunday, January 17, 2016

Movie Review: #WalangForever

I love myself some good Filipino rom-com, but nothing really prepared me for what #WalangForever had to offer. I admit, I was thrown off with the hashtag in the title - I swear, if someone uses a hashtag on a movie title again I won't be held responsible for my actions. Haha - and the trailer that looked so typical, but the film actually turned out to be something emotionally deep and resonant. Thanks mostly to the superb acting performances of the leads - Jennylyn Mercado played her role convincingly and was balanced to perfection by Jericho Rosales' sensitive portrayal of his character. They had this dead on chemistry that made the film work so well. The abrupt shift to something a lot more serious during the final act was incredibly jarring though that it almost felt disjointed, but I digress. #WalangForever was a pleasant surprise and worthy addition to the already bulky rom-com films in the country. It was far from perfect, but for a film that quickly became depressing and yet still managed to be uplifting and hopeful was quite the accomplishment. 8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...